Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cubscouts Blue and Gold Banquet

So, Dave and I were recently called to be the Cubmaster and Cubmaster Assistant for our ward. We had worked all week getting everything ready for the dinner on Thursday night. We were at the church and finally had everything almost ready to start when this happened...



Ty went head first in to the cabinent in the kitchen and split his forehead wide open. Blood was gushing out. Dave and I had to hand everything over and spend our first event for Cubscouts at the Emergency room.
I get the feeling this is what raising boys is all about. I can't believe how brave Ty was while he was getting his stitches and he made sure they gave him the sticker they had promised before we left.
Hopefully next month's pack meeting will go better!!!!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh my gosh! That injury could rival Colby's head dive into the planter last year! These kinds of things only happen at the worst possible time, right? Well, hopefully the people you handed your stuff over to did as cool of a job as you guys would've done! Poor Ty...

The Greenwoods said...

Oh my heck!!! That looked like it hurt like a mother jumper!!! Oh my gosh! At least I know he's okay cause he's smiling so stinkin' cute in the picture! I'm sorry about your first big cubscoutting event! (How funny! Andy and I just went to our Blue and Gold dinner!) I'm sorry that you had to spend it at the Emergency room! Isn't having boys--so much fun!! Glad to see that Ty's okay!

Sara said...

What?! I checked your blog, but didn't scroll down enough to see this post! Crazy! Poor little guy! Sad that you had to miss your banquet!! Or maybe that was a good thing!HA!

Christy and AJ said...

When did you plan on teaching the "don't dive head first into cabinets" lesson? I was at least 10 before learning the old "you can't airplane your brother head first in to the corner of the waterbed" lesson. So take comfort in the fact that Ty is way ahead of the curve. But seriously, poor little man.